Zimmer Biomet offers two different Skin Graft Mesher systems.
The Zimmer® Skin Graft Mesher is engineered to use a knife like cutting technique. This approach provides more expansion ratios and graft widths up to four inches.
Unlike the Zimmer® Skin Graft Mesher its unique cutter technology, the Meshgraft™ II Tissue Expansion System uses specific Dermacarriers™ II Skin Grafting Carriers to achieve different expansion ratios.
Common Zimmer Meshing System Features
While these systems have unique characteristics, they also share some common traits:
- Multiple expansion ratios during a single procedure without multiple machines
- Graft carriers provide reliable transport and meshing of a skin graft
- Validated for manual and automated washing
- Lubeless gears to ensure smooth performance, time after time
- Durable, stainless-steel construction for years of consistent performance
- Easy ratchet handle motion for smooth transport of graft carrier through the mesher
While these systems share useful features, each has its own set of unique characteristics.
Zimmer® Skin Graft Mesher
The Zimmer® Skin Graft Mesher is designed for simple operation while interchangeable cutters provide precision.
- Five different expansion ratios (1:1, 1.5:1, 2:1, 3:1, and 4:1) provide patient specific results by promoting proper wound drainage and epithelialization for proper healing
- Convenient hinge design allows cutters to be changed or removed quickly for easier use and cleaning
- Built-in comb minimizes the chance of grafts sticking to and / or wrapping around the a cutter
- Disposable carriers guide large, small, or multiple grafts, and are available in 8" x 4" and 16" x 4" sizes
Meshgraft™ II Tissue Expansion System
The Meshgraft™ II Tissue Expansion System is easy to use with a permanent cutter and grooved carriers.
- Four different expansion ratios available are: 1.5:1, 3:1, 6:1, and 9:1 when using Dermacarriers™ II Skin Graft Carriers
- Dermacarriers™ II Skin Graft Carriers are 3" x 8"
- The guidance plateau helps ensure a proper alignment of the Dermacarriers Graft Carrier